Pages

September 20, 2009

Leaders are Infectious

Recently I was being interviewed for an article for the local newspaper to explain: “Why Statesboro needs another church?” and “What makes our church at LifeSpring different than all the other churches in town?”

The reporter listened to me and made notes like;

“to introduce people to Jesus Christ”,

“to meet, serve, teach and lead people to become mature disciples of Jesus Christ”,

“to love people where they are”

“to expand God’s Kingdom”

After pouring my heart out to the reporter, I asked if he had what he needed for the article.

“Well, yes and no” he said. “I hear what you’re saying, and you seem very passionate and convicted about what you believe, but quite frankly, I could hear those same things from most any pastor in town talking about their own church.”

Oh my gosh! I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up. I thought to myself, “Man, you don’t know how close you are to “SEEING” my passion & conviction ‘up close and personal’ in a way that I promise you’ll never confuse with another pastor”.

As I loosened my grip on the table and caught my breath I said, “you know, you’ve got a good point there”.

As a leader, we must have an “infectious” effect on those we come in contact with that leads people to the hope of what “could be”.

Our hope and vision of what “could be” must be lived out in ways that others are infected and changed. Our energy, passion, and conviction to what we believe to be true, is to be transferred to others through our words and our actions. It’s at that point others will begin to embrace the hope, the vision, and the truth of what “could be”.

As a Christian, I believe that Jesus is the solution to the problems facing our society. I believe that Jesus is the answer to the deepest hurts and disappointments of the human heart. I believe Jesus’ whole ministry steamed from a deep love of God and humanity resulting in Jesus’ belief, his hope, his vision, and his truth that things don’t have to be like they are.

Jesus spent his life on earth teaching, sharing, and modeling the love of God for humanity of what “could be”. Jesus’ love infected and changed others. That love led to the development of followers who spent their lives infecting others with the same loving truth of what “could be”.

With God’s help, LifeSpring will infectiously do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment