There is some stuff I just cannot comprehend. Try as I may to get it…it doesn’t make any logical or Scriptural sense. Here is a partial of things I do not understand.
- Folks that show up to church only a few times a year but expect the pastor to drop everything to provide them with his undivided attention.
- People that put nothing in the offering plate but still have the stones to expect that their opinions on the church should count.
- Parents who ground their children from church or the youth group…the very things that could help them with their behavior, future and afterlife.
- People that expect the pastor to tolerate their political views…but leave the church because of his.
- The occasional volunteer that expects the church to throw a parade in their honor just because they finally did what the Bible commanded.
- People that have basked in the grace of God…but fail to give grace to anyone else.
- Pastors that leave one church for another…for better pay.
- The need for church growth plans, programs, books, conference, seminars and resource kits…when we already have the Bible.
- Women that tolerate their husbands having multiple affairs…”for the sake of the kids”.
- Pastors that would rather be political pundits or civil rights leaders…instead of just preaching the life-saving message of the Word of God.
- People that have one spiritual standard for their pastor…and another for themselves.
- Folks that think the word ‘disciple’ is a noun…and not a verb.
- People that make comments about needing to go “deeper” in God’s Word…as if there is a Scripture in the Bible that isn’t deep.
- Pastors that think accountability means never asking them the tough questions or taking the hard line when it comes to their failure to follow Scripture.
- Men that think being the head of the household has something to do with the amount of money they are bringing in or the title they acquire at work.
April 13, 2010
Things That Make You Go Hmmm...
Chris Elrod is a friend of Perry Noble (my Coach for church planting this year) and had this post on his blog the other week about 15 random things he was wondering about…I thought this was some good stuff... what do you think....Some GREAT thoughts here…