Pages

October 1, 2010

Strive for Excellence, Leave No Doubt

This week I sent the following email to the Leadership Team for LifeSpring Church.  In it I was reminding them of the importance of striving for excellence in all areas of our ministry.  I told them I was not looking for perfection, and I encouraged them to keep improving because there are lives at stake.

Maybe as you read parts of the email, you will be encouraged to strive for excellence when serving as a follower of Jesus Christ…He did!

I want to tell you with all my heart that I believe THIS IS the Leadership Team that God is loving, guiding, & pressing into as individuals and as a team to PROPEL LifeSpring Church to the next level of EXCELLENCE.

YOU ARE NOT HERE BY MISTAKE, BUT BY DIVINE DESIGN!   GOD has SIFTED out those who aren't BOUGHT IN AND SOLD OUT to this VISION... YOU ARE THE 10 that will get it done!... I personally am TRUSTING in you! And I Believe that GOD is ENTRUSTING you! ENTRUSTING you with His CHURCH and His PEOPLE.

FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!

WE HAVE TO HELP PEOPLE REMEMBER!

WE HAVE TO "LEAVE NO DOUBT" WHO WE SERVE IN EXCELLENCE!

We are in a battle with Satan...a War that has costly casualties... but a war that GOD will win through those of us who are loving, obedient followers of Jesus Christ!

This is were we draw the line in the sand and say to Satan... NO MORE... We will stand in the gap for God's children!  We are the warriors Jesus has chosen to lead the way.  Yes, we don't have a lot of money, yes, we don't have a lot of people, yes, there are a lot of uncommitted people hanging around ...

BUT JESUS HAS CHOSEN US TO LEAD HIS TEAM TO VICTORY THROUGH LIFESPRING CHURCH....

With that said, I want you to watch this clip from Remember the Titans:

When I watch this clip, I can imagine Jesus as the Assistant Coach Bill Yoast (played by Will Patton), who finally takes all he can take of the evil represented in the corrupt referees, and the punishment from the Evil One (the coach of the opposing team) and the Evil One’s followers (the opposing team themselves).

He pulls his team around him, to prepare them for the upcoming battle, having to make some last minute changes to insure that together, the whole team about to step on the battlefield is BOUGHT IN and SOLD OUT to His Vision of what could be.  All this is happening under the watchful eye of God, His Father, as seen in the Head Coach Hermon Boone (played by Denzel Washington).

Listen for two memorable quotes Assistant Coach Yoast says to his players before they take the field.

The first quote: “Alright, now I don’t won’t them to gain another yard. You BLITZ ALL NIGHT!  If they cross the line of scrimmage I’m gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure that they remember forever the night they played the Titans!”

Listen to the second quote that Assistant Coach Yoast yells to the team as they run onto the field, and then later he repeats to the Head Coach after his defensive team has STOPPED THE ENEMY.

“Leave NO DOUBT!”

To the LifeSpring Leadership Team… I LOVE YOU!  I don’t want Satan to gain another soul! YOU BLITZ ALL NIGHT!! You make sure they remember forever …JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!!!!

LEAVE NO DOUBT!

I wonder how they will respond?  How would you respond?

No comments:

Post a Comment